Monday, April 22, 2013

If I could change anything in my society/community, I would change



Harry Chin

Professor Knapp

English 1A

21 April 2013



If I could change anything in my society/community, I would change

If I could change anything in my society/ community, I would change how the healthcare program works. In general terms, i would change how one could obtain health care and how I would make it affordable for all. Note, I stated affordable and not free.  I think this one component would change the world for the better. If you think about all the the misery, fear and anxiety that many people experience who are uninsured, or even that have insurance but it still consider it really expensive. If many people had health care their health would improve, there would be much less people who die from premature deaths and people's overall mental sanity would improve.
The reason why I said this plan would be free is because it’s just unrealistic. If we speak in terms of our whole society, what would make people willing to pay for another man’s needs? According to the Scragged news article database, they quoted Justice Ginsburg in the article Why Do We Think Health Care Should Be Free?: “Justice Ginsburg seemed to agree, saying the mandate was a response to the fact that uninsured people receive free health care that ends up being paid for by others. ‘The problem is that they are making the rest of us pay, ‘she said” (Offensicht). So what Ginsburg was trying to imply is that in our society, it would be most definitely beneficial towards the people if we had free health care for all, but at the same time, will people be willing to pay more taxes for it? Health care programs are never free. The money comes out from one place or another. The hard earned money of American workers is not easily given away and as a result this idea becomes nonexistent.
I want to create a program where people would be able to have health care and not worry too much about the expenses of it. I was thinking probably along the lines of incorporating healthcare to most jobs. Money wise, we should rework how money is distributed in our society and even it out. I would not dare to raise taxes because of the reaction of the society. This long term plan is still under development; there are many flaws and holes with this plan thus far. This is just an idea so far and maybe with some more and thought and research, I can come up with a solid program to make this happen.



Works Cited
Offensicht, Will. "Why Do We Think Health Care Should Be Free? | Scragged." Scragged. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2013. <http://www.scragged.com/articles/why-do-we-think-health-care-should-be-free>.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post, by 2016 'Obamacare' will be fully implemented, so you may want to research this new regulation to create your annotations post. You may want to argue in favor of "Obamacare' in your letter because there are many who continue to be very much against your ideas as they are set up here (these ideas are the same principals of Obamacare). Or you could argue why Obamacare does not go far enough to achieve the goals you have set forth here.

    ReplyDelete